Disciple Tools - Metrics Export
Export CSV, JSON, KML, and GEOJSON file types of contacts and groups. Create distributable public links as either one-time download, expiring, or permanent link access. Extendable to facilitate your own downloads with a developer starter plugin.
The key to this plugin is that it is expandable to serve other kinds of exports beyond the default export.
- Adds CSV exports for contacts and groups. Can export with longitude and latitude for import into mapping applications like Google Earth, Arc GIS, Google Maps, Google Data Studio.
- Adds JSON exports for contacts and groups. When combined with a permanent link, it can be used in other applications to draw maps or other visiualizations of data.
- Adds KML exports for contacts and groups. KML can be used in Google Earth and Google Earth Pro for mapping.
- Adds GEOJSON exports for contacts and groups. GEOJSON is a open standard for mapping services and is well supported for importing to other systems.
- Adds compatible export for iShare system and the Coalition of the Willing.
- Is built for expandability by a custom plugin. A starter plugin is include in this code base and a guide is included in documentation for a developer to expand and add exports appropriate to your organizations usage.
Will Not Do
- Exports are preconfigured and cannot be modified by the user, only selected.
- Connect to cloud storage services (yet!)
- Disciple Tools Theme installed on a Wordpress Server.
- Install as a standard Disciple.Tools/Wordpress plugin in the system Admin/Plugins area.
- Requires the user role of Administrator.
Contributions welcome. You can report issues and bugs in the Issues section of the repo. You can present ideas in the Discussions section of the repo. And code contributions are welcome using the Pull Request system for git. For a more details on contribution see the contribution guidelines.
This plugin enables a Disciple Tools system to export telemetry data in a secure manner to visualization systems. The key to this plugin is that it is expandable to serve other kinds of exports beyond the default export.