Disciple.Tools - Mailchimp
Integrate your Mailchimp audience lists with Disciple.Tools and keep contact information continuously in sync between the two platforms.
This plugin further aids the marketing effort, by keeping mapped fields in sync across platforms, with little to no workflow disruption! New entries are automatically mirrored across both platforms!
- Control sync direction - Therefore, only accept Mailchimp updates; or just push D.T. updates; or temporarily disable sync runs in both directions.
- Cherry-pick Mailchimp lists to be kept in sync.
- Specify supported D.T. post types and field types.
- Create sync mappings between Mailchimp list & D.T. fields.
- Control sync direction at the field level.
- Automatically keep mapped fields in sync across Mailchimp & D.T. platforms.
Will Not Do
- Does not sync user metadata information such as activity feeds.
- Disciple.Tools Theme installed on a Wordpress Server
- An activated Mailchimp account, with a valid API key.
- Install as a standard Disciple.Tools/Wordpress plugin in the system Admin/Plugins area.
- Requires the user role of Administrator.
- Install the plugin. (You must be an administrator)
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the Extensions (D.T) > Mailchimp menu item in the admin area.
- Enter Mailchimp API key.
- Disable sync update flags in both directions, during initial setup.
- Save updates.
- Ensure to take backups of any pre-existing Mailchimp lists prior to adding any supported lists.
- Select and add supported Mailchimp lists.
- Select and add supported D.T. post and field types.
- Navigate to Mappings tab.
- For each selected supported Mailchimp list, assign a D.T. post type and create sync field mappings.
- Save mapping updates.
- Once all sync field mappings have been created for all lists, enable sync update flags (General Tab), one direction at a time; until all records have been linked and initially sync'd.
- Finally, enable sync runs in both directions and have the plugin take it from there! :)
Contributions welcome. You can report issues and bugs in the Issues section of the repo. You can present ideas in the Discussions section of the repo. And code contributions are welcome using the Pull Request system for git. For a more details on contribution see the contribution guidelines.