Disciple.Tools - Facebook
Integrate your Facebook pages with Disciple.Tools and allow the online conversation to continue offline.
Teams using Facebook or ManyChat to connect with people for spiritual conversations and who want to ultimately bring that conversation out of Facebook for personal follow-up will want to use this plugin.
This plugin will create a contact record in Disciple.Tools whenever someone messages your Facebook Pages(s). You will still continue your conversation with the seeker using Facebook or another tool like Manychat, but the conversation and individual is recorded and ready for follow-up once the person is ready to take the social risk of meeting.
- Automatically create a contact in D.T when a conversation is started on you Facebook Page.
- Copies all messages received and sent as comments on the contact record.
- Creates a link an the D.T contact record navigating to the conversation in you page's messages inbox.
Will not do:
- Does not create a link on the Facebook conversation to the D.T contact.
- Does not create a link to the contact's Facebook profile.
- Does not let you send messages to the contact directly from D.T.
- Does not sync posts.
- Does not sync comments made on your posts.
- Does not sync labels or notes saved on the Facebook Conversation.
- Does not talk to the contact for you (sigh).
- A Facebook page
- Facebook Business Manager
- A Disciple.Tools instance
Install as a standard Disciple.Tools/Wordpress plugin in the system Admin/Plugins area. Requires the user role of Administrator.
Install the plugin on your instance. Instructions
A full step-by-step guide for linking Disciple.Tools to your Facebook page is included in the admin area of the plugin.
- Install the plugin. (You must be an administrator)
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the Extensions (D.T) > Facebook menu item in the admin area.
- Click on the "Instructions" tab and follow the guide.
Or see an overview here
Contributions welcome. You can report issues and bugs in the Issues section of the repo. You can present ideas in the Discussions section of the repo. And code contributions are welcome using the Pull Request system for git. For a more details on contribution see the contribution guidelines.