- Contact Record Toolbar
- Status and Assignment Tile
- Details Tiles
- Comments and Activity Tile
- Connections Tile
- Progress Tile
Additional: Other Tile
1. Contact Record Toolbar
This option only shows up for certain roles (i.e. DT Admin, Dispatcher). Usually a Dispatcher will toggle this on when they are wanting an update on a specific contact.
After toggling this on, the user who is assigned to this contact will see this message:
This option only shows up for certain roles (i.e. DT Admin, Dispatcher).
- Make a user from this contact: This option will take a regular contact and make them into a Disciple.Tools user. (E.g.A contact becomes a local partner and Multiplier.)
- Link to an existing user: If a Contact Record matches an already existing Disciple.Tools users, you can use this option to link them together.
- Merge with another contact: If there are multiple Contact Records for the same contact, you can use this option to merge them together.
Following a contact means that you are actively receiving notifications about activity in their contact record. If you are assigned to a user, you must follow them. If you are sub-assigned or have been shared the contact, you can choose to follow or not follow the contact by toggling on or off the follow button
Following: vs. Not Following:
Click to share a contact record with another user. This user will be able to view, edit, and comment on your contact’s record. Clicking on this button will show you with whom it is currently shared.
2. Status and Assignment Tile
The name of the contact will show up here. You can edit that in the Details section.
This describes the status of the contact in relationship to the Disciple.Tools system and Multiplier.
- New Contact – The contact is new in the system.
- Not Ready – There is not enough information to move forward with the contact at this time.
- Dispatch Needed – This contact needs to be assigned to a multiplier.
- Waiting to be accepted – The contact has been assigned to someone, but has not yet been accepted by that person.
- Active – The contact is progressing and/or continually being updated.
- Paused – This contact is currently on hold (i.e. on vacation or not responding).
- Closed – This contact has made it known that they no longer want to continue or you have decided not to continue with him/her.
This is the user assigned to the contact. They are the ones responsible for the contact and updating the contact’s profile. When the Dispatcher assigns you a new contact, you will see this message pop up within the Contact Record:
To assign a user to this contact, begin typing the name of the user and when it appears, select it.
This is someone working alongside of the main person assigned to the contact. You may find that you are partnering with others in your discipleship relationships. Only one person can be assigned while multiple people can be sub-assigned.
3. Contact Details Tile
These are the details about a contact. You can change the information here by clicking
edit. The information you add here, will also be used to help you filter your contacts in the Contacts List Page.
4. Comments and Activity Tile
Making a Comment (Contact)
This tile is where you will want to record important notes from meetings and conversations with a contact.
Type @ and the name of a user to mention them in a comment. This user will then receive a notification.
Use the comment type field to assign a comment to be a particular type.
Quick actions (Contact)
These are designed to help multipliers record their activity quickly when they are interacting with several contacts.
Comments and Activity Feed (Contact)
Below the comment box, there is a feed of information. Recorded here are timestamps of every action that has taken place within this Contact Record and conversations between users about the contact.
You can filter the feed by clicking on one or more of the following:
Comments: This shows all of the comments made by users about the contact
Activity: This is running list of all of the activity changes made to a Contact Record
Facebook If you have the Facebook plugin installed, private messages from Facebook will automatically added here.
5. Connections Tile
This tile give you the ability to quickly navigate between groups and other contacts connected to this specific contact.
Groups: Quickly navigate to contact’s group or church record
To add a new group or church, click
Baptized By: Add the individual(s) who were involved with baptizing the contact.
Baptized: Add the individual(s) who the contact has personally baptized.
Coached: Add the individual(s) who is providing ongoing coaching for this contact
Coaching: Add the individual(s) who the contact is personally coaching.
6. Progress Tile
This tile helps a multiplier to keep track of a contact’s spiritual journey.
Seeker Path: These are the steps that happen in a specific order to help a contact move forward.
Faith Milestones: These are points in a contact’s spiritual journey worth celebrating but can happen in any order.
Baptism Date: For metrics reporting, it is important to always note the day a person is baptized.
As Disciple.Tools develops, tiles will change and new ones will become accessible. If you have a need or request, contact your Disciple.Tools Admin who has the ability to edit and create custom tiles.
Tags: Add tags to contacts to help yourself quickly find contacts associated with noteworthy characteristics.